Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Recycle Your Ish and Help the Planet

I don't know what the arrangement is for everyone else, but our subdivision doesn't offer any recycling services.  They also let your packages sit in the office for weeks, don't return your phone calls, and frequently gate you out of your own building.

So I guess I shouldn't be too surprised.

Up until recently, I was guilty of throwing away plenty of material that could've been recycled--paper, junk mail, plastic bottles, cardboard boxes, etc.  I finally got online and found plenty of facilities within 20 minutes of my home that will happily take these things off my hands.  I chose Re-New Recycling.  Everyone was super friendly and get this: They actually PAY you for your recyclables, which I didn't know.  I walked away 45 whole cents richer.

But that's beside the point, and money shouldn't be the motivating factor here, no matter how much it is.

I know that we all like to exclude ourselves as part of the problem.  "I'm just one person.  It won't make that big of a difference."

Except everyone is saying this.  So basically, we're killing the earth and we're all going to die.  So just recycle your shit.  If you need to be guilted into it, visit Going Green Today and read about some of the damage we're doing.  You're welcome.

~M

2 comments:

  1. Good Blog post you have here. I went to look for the recycling center that was close and learned it is in the same location as my refuse center. Curious. Keep up the good work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Glad you found it nearby :-)

    ReplyDelete