Sunday, June 23, 2013

My First Time Planting and Lauren Conrad's Smoothie

I've been saying it for months, and I finally did.  I PLANTED a thing.  Lettuce, to be exact.  If it actually grows, I might pee myself.  Within an hour or so, this...

gloves, soil, plant seeds

...turned into THIS.

growing lettuce plants

I know.  You can't believe it.

I bought the goods at Star Nursery and only had to make two trips.  (I was under the impression that I could reuse soil I already had from the Stone Age, but, no.  Sorry.)

I can guarantee that once you set foot in this place, you'll be hooked.  Even if you're not into gardening.

Ok.  That's a lie.  BUT LOOK!  They have turtles and fish!

star nursery las vegas nevada

It's hard to see, but there's a little baby turtle there from when a mom and dad turtle had sweet, romantic turtle sex.  I'm in love.

flowers and plants in nursery nevada

How can you not like this place?  Look at all that green!!!!

Everything is fantastic on the smoothie front.  I'm trying this bad boy this week:

oatmeal fruit smoothie

It's a variation of something Lauren Conrad pimps.  And you know that if a celebrity endorses it, it must be legit.

-1.5 cups almond milk
-.5 cup oatmeal
-.5 cup frozen strawberries
-1 frozen banananana
-1 tablespoon honey

It's nothing to write home about, but it's not bad either.  (Maybe I'll stick with her exact recipe next time.)  I'm hoping that the oatmeal helps fill me up a little longer so that an hour later, I won't be ready to gnaw on my own foot.  I'm also experimenting with breaded zucchini sticks, but I'll include those riveting pictures in my next post. 

If you haven't viewed my last blog on how bottled water is the devil dressed in plastic, why?  There's even a video.  Tomorrow I'll be speaking to our leasing office about why we don't have a recycling service, how we can get it, and how their parents are disappointed in them for destroying the planet.  Stay tuned!

Ciao,
Megan




No comments:

Post a Comment